Join Choir! Choir! Choir! and Kostis Maraveyas and perform at the online SNFestival RetroFuture Edition. Send in a video of yourself singing the Beatles classic “With a Little Help from My Friends” by June 16th. The first 150 singers will appear in a music video that debuts one week later!
Canadian musical duo Choir! Choir! Choir! create dynamic events with dedicated fans all over the world. A Summer Nostos Festival favorite, their shows have united hundreds of festivalgoers to rediscover the joy of singing with friends and strangers.
This year, Choir! Choir! Choir!’s Daveed and Nobu invite you to join them online for the SNFestival RetroFuture Edition, featuring the multi-talented Kostis Maraveyas… and all of you!
Instructions for creating your video:
1) Download lyrics – we have also put the lyrics on the screen for the guide videos, so whichever you prefer.
2) Choose which part you will sing. “Part A” or “Part B.” Part A is a lower part, Part B is a bit higher.
3) Practice along with the guide video as many times as you need to get your part perfect! There is no such thing as being too prepared!
4) When you’re ready, listen to the guide track with headphones, and record a video of yourself singing with a phone or another camera in PORTRAIT (vertical) mode. We count 1-2-3-4 and clap at the start. PLEASE DO THAT WITH US.
5) To upload your video from your device or computer, click here to get directed to the Choir! Choir! Choir! website.
Important recording tips:
– Wear headphones! It’s important that the only audio recorded is your voice, not the guide track. If you’re using a microphone, make sure that nothing is scratching against it. Clean audio is very important!
– It’s also important that you sing along with the guide track so that the timing is in sync with the other videos.
– Record this in portrait mode on your phone or tablet.
– Pick a quiet place to record. Turn off any fans or air conditioning or anything that will affect the sound. Shoot your video in a space with good light. Don’t shoot into the sun – don’t make it backlit. We want to see your face!
– Make sure we can see you! Your face/head should take up most of the frame. We don’t want to see you 3 meters away with your couch taking up most of the frame.
– Re-watch your take before sending it in to make sure the file is not corrupted. To really be sure: Transfer it to your computer and make sure it plays all the way through. That will ensure that we can use it.
– Make your video interesting of course. But no excessive movement. Your smile will light up the world!
– You can reshoot your video as many times as you need – then pick only the best take to send to us. Your video may be isolated, your video may be featured, and for sure you’ll be placed with others. No need to be shy!
Send us your video by June 16th at 23:59 Athens time (GMT+3). The first 150 singers will be part of the virtual choir!
Choir! Choir! Choir! will combine your videos into a unique arrangement of the song, which will premiere at the online on Sunday, June 21, between 19:30 and 20:30 Athens time (GMT+3). During the event, which will be hosted live by Giorgos Xatzipavlou and Akis Sakellariou, the festival audience will have the chance to admire a vocal star (you) singing with Daveed, Nobu and Greece’s own Kostis Maraveyas! You’ll also get to see the best of Choir! Choir! Choir! events at past SNFestivals, with interpretations of beloved songs by ABΒΑ, the Βeatles, and Queen.
Meet Choir! Choir! Choir!
Choir! Choir! Choir! is a Toronto-based singing group led by creative directors Nobu Adilman and Daveed Goldman. The duo takes a non-traditional approach; there are no auditions, and the audience is the choir. Just show up and they’ll teach you an original arrangement to a song you love. Founded in 2011, Choir! Choir! Choir! has amassed a dedicated and passionate community of singers and a thriving international fan base on YouTube. The group has performed with renowned artists such as Patti Smith, Tegan and Sara, and Rufus Wainwright, and onstage at New York’s Carnegie Hall and Radio City Music Hall with the likes of Debbie Harry and The Flaming Lips. Choir! Choir! Choir! exists to celebrate music and push the boundaries between practice and performance, artist and audience, offering therapeutic benefits with the ultimate side effect: a powerful community.