Submit your video to become part of CHOIR! CHOIR! CHOIR! as we create an EPIC video of The Beatles classic “With A Little Help From My Friends” for your Kutak-Rock year-end party!
We’ve missed singing with you in real life so here’s a chance for us to create some beautiful harmony from across the universe! If you’re game, here’s what to do:
1) DOWNLOAD LYRICS – we have also put the lyrics on the screen for the guide videos, so whichever you prefer.
2) If your last name begins with A-M, sing PART A
N-Z sing PART B
Part A is a lower part, Part B is higher. Both are singable by everyone!
3) Practice along with the guide video as many times as you need to get your part perfect! There is no such thing as being too prepared! It should take you about an hour.
4) When you’re ready, listen to the guide track with headphones or earbuds in/on, and record a video of yourself singing, we would ask that you use a smartphone so that everyone maintains the same look and feel.
5) Must record in PORTRAIT (vertical) mode.
6) Ready? To send us your video (the very best take of your song) from your device or computer, fill out the form below and do not upload a zip.
IMPORTANT RECORDING TIPS:
– Wear headphones or ear buds!
– It’s important that the only audio recorded is your voice, not the guide track. If you’re using a microphone, make sure that nothing is scratching against it. Clean audio is very important!
– It’s also important that you sing along with the guide track so that the timing is in sync with the other videos.
– Record this in portrait mode on your phone or tablet, using your front camera so that you can frame yourself well.
– Pick a quiet place to record. Turn off any fans or air conditioning or anything that will affect the sound. Shoot your video in a space with good light. Don’t shoot into the sun – don’t make it backlit. We want to see your face!
– Make sure we can see you! Your face/head should take up most of the frame. We don’t want to see you 3 meters away with your couch taking up most of the frame.
– Re-watch your take before sending it in to make sure the file is not corrupted. To really be sure: Transfer it to your computer and make sure it plays all the way through. That will ensure that we can use it.
– Make your video interesting of course. But no excessive movement. Your smile will light up the world!
– You can reshoot your video as many times as you need – then pick only the best take to send to us. Your video may be isolated, your video may be featured, and for sure you’ll be placed with others. No need to be shy!